Monday, April 4, 2011

WEARESCIENTISTS //


We Are Scientists was first introduced to me by my friends in the 7th/8th grade, and overtime their music grew in me. I believe that they're the first indie band I've ever listened to. They immediately became one of my favourite bands (until today) when I saw their interviews, which were highly entertaining. (They should do comedy stand-ups as a part-time job - seriously, just youtube any WAS interview). I absolutely love the ones where they go around the NME awards.





We Are Scientists is an indie rock band originated from New York. Initially, the band consisted of Keith Murray, Chris Cain, and Michael Tapper. Tapper left the band after their first record With Love and Squalor (I forgot why he left the band - sorry), and he is now replaced by Andy Burrows (ex-drummer of Razorlight) or Danny Allen.

 
Inaction - We Are Scientists
(from With Love & Squalor

 
 Let's See It - We Are Scientists
(from Brain Thrust Mastery)

 
Jack & Ginger - We Are Scientists
(from Barbara)

The reason why I'm writing this is because apart from recommending you to listen to them, they recently 'announced' that they're coming Jakarta. Honestly, I was really surprised that they are coming. My friends and I thought they're too underrated. But yeah, I'm extremely excited and hopefully I can actually go and meet them some way!

Anyway, head over to wearescientists.com to know more about them!