Wednesday, March 30, 2011

MGMT CONCERT

I just have things to tell about today.

MGMT live in Jakarta (27/3/'11)

Firstly, I'm not a very good writer (even though I don't consider myself as a writer), so I apologize in advance if there are grammar mistakes and such. Moving on, how would I explain the concert? Frankly, I'd say it was overall a rather unsatisfying concert. Although personally, The Whitest Boy Alive's set was very entertaining compared to MGMT's. Apart of the reason why I think so is because of the fact that MGMT didn't really try to connect with the crowd, whereas TWBA did. Maybe a part of the reason of why I didn't enjoy the concert that much was because their songs were slow. I am a fan of MGMT, although not a big fan. There is a saying that 'playing live is a different atmosphere than the recording'. Weirdly enough, I felt like they didn't try to present their songs to be that enjoyable. There was a point where I sat down (haha). Not to sound like a poser or anything, but, I thought the highlights were during their top songs including Electric Feel, Time To Pretend, Kids, and Brian Eno. Although I think it was partly the crowd as well. It was like they just woke up when these songs were played - there was a sudden euphoria. Therefore, I'd give the concert a 6/10.