Friendly Fires
I'll be honest. I wasn't a fan until Pala was out. Things were... crazy. People got crazy over Pala. I decided to check them out because of the buzz, and also because my friend saw them a few months back and said they were incredible. I watched "Kiss Of Life" (video below), and I didn't know whether I liked it. I mean, the intro and drum parts are definitely unique and catchy, and my god i can't even dance that good (those hips omg). When I can't decided whether I like a certain band, I tend to go back to the video and also see other videos of them. NME stated "Jump In The Pool" as (I think) the best summer song. I was kind of meh. But as I kept watching the two videos, I got into them. I illegally downloaded Pala (which I now own a copy of), and over the next few months... wow, i got really into them. I can't even choose a favourite song from the album. #coolstorybro
"Kiss of Life" - Friendly Fires
"Jump In The Pool" - Friendly Fires
"Hawaiian Air" - Friendly Fires
Tame Impala // Smith Westerns
It's quiet funny how I listened to my friend's favourite bands a lot during the holidays and vice versa. She introduced me to them, err, i don't exactly know when but she did. I've been craving for new music during the holidays, and these bands were just...there. Though I did enjoy listening to Innerspeaker whilst drawing for 3 hours everyday for two weeks.
"Lucidity" - Tame Impala
"Desire Be Desire Go" - Tame Impala
"Fallen In Love" - Smith Westerns
"Imagine Pt. 3" - Smith Westerns
Foals
I can imagine my friends' faces going like (-__-"). I can't help it. I've listened to their albums, b-sides, etc for months and there is no sign of stopping. My love for Foals is rather unexplainable. They're just really, really great individuals who make music through an incredibly (am I over-exaggerating?) complex writing method. I've done a few things to show my love for them over the holiday, including:
- Made a Foals T-Shirt during a screenprinting workshop. What family has to say: "You've come a long way to America and you made a FOALS T-Shirt?!". Seriously, I ain't even mad. I love them so much that I don't care what they think.
- Told pretty much everybody I met at my summer program if they've ever heard of Foals and that they should listen to them.
- Bought a Foals shirt, which I coincidentally found in HMV with a 2 for 10 pounds offer. My face - when I saw the shirt - (O.O). I was so happy. It was like Christmas present. So I got the Tame Impala CD I wanted AND a Foals shirt that day -- all for 10 pounds. Well, I guess this doesn't include what I really did to show my love. More towards 'what awesome things happened during the holidays', which I might actually do a post of.
- But anyway, here are the Foals tracks I listened to the most:
"Mathletics (Live in Liars Club)" - Foals
"Dearth" - Foals
"Miami(Live in Coachella)" - Foals
Foals 'jamming' at Coachella
safe x